[PC-BSD Testing] PCBSD 9.0-RC1 USB Mount Problem (continued)

Ian Robinson fitchkendall at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 12:18:53 PDT 2011

Ian Robinson previous said:

Re:  USB mounting -- Although the system recognizes that a USB thumb drive
or USB hard disk has been connected (and little graphic window pops up near
the clock), the system generates an error and will not mount USB stick or
USB [hard] drive.

Following up on this, the USB stick was formated FAT32; the USB Hard Disk
was formatted NTFS.  The specific error message for the FAT32 memory stick
was:

"An error occurred while accessing '244.7 MB Removable Media', the system
responded: org.freebsd.HAL.Device.Volume.UnknownFailure:  mount_msdosfs:  C:
no such file or directory"

I can mount the drives from the command line.

Since one must be root to execute a mount, I thus wonder whether this is a
rights issue where the mounting routine requires some switch to root to
complete the mount.   I do not remember having this problem with the BETA
versions.

--
Ian Robinson
Salem, Ohio