[PC-BSD Testing] 9.0-RC1 Now available!: Bug in User Account: Username field

Arthur Koziol A-Koziol at neiu.edu
Tue Oct 25 06:01:06 PDT 2011

Just popped in the 9.0-RC1 x86 and am doing a fresh install. I am
noticing a bug when I am inputting my username (Art) under
PC-Sysinstaller > User Creation > User accounts > Username field. If in
the username field I begin the username with a capital letter and the
rest of the username is lower case, it complains "Username may contain
only letters and numbers!" the second I enter the second character
(i.e., Ar). If I change it to first letter to lowercase, it doesn't
complain (i.e., art). This didn't happen in BETA3.