[PC-BSD Testing] 9.0-RC1 Now available!
kris at pcbsd.org
Mon Oct 24 09:55:18 PDT 2011
The first release candidate for the upcoming PC-BSD 9.0 is now available! This
release includes the latest FreeBSD 9.0-RC1 base, along with numerous bug fixes and enhancements.
Notable changes in this release: (In no particular order)
* Added support for installing to BootCamp partitions on Apple OSX systems
* Added checks for invalid characters in the username
* Added button to installer allowing toggle between US keyboard layout and currently selected
* Added improved portjail init scripts
* Life-Preserver now defaults to backing up to a remote directory set as the client hostname
* Add some sanity checks to pbi-manager when creating new repositories
* Fixed bugs setting the proxy server in pbi-manager / AppCafe (Uses the default config in networking GUI)
* Improved the default firewall ruleset
* Enable IPv6 support on all nic's by default
* Added options to pbi-manager which enables tmpfs memory building
* Improved pc-thinclient setup to use pre-built FreeBSD world instead of building from source
* Fix bug in pbi-manager when doing binary updates to ensure it is only attempted on the correct build
* Fix issues installing with mirrors / raidz on ZFS
Since this is a pre-release, please feel assist us by reporting and
fixing bugs. Users are encouraged to discuss their findings on the
testers mailing list <http://lists.pcbsd.org/mailman/listinfo/testing>,
or via the PC-BSD Forums <http://forums.pcbsd.org/forumdisplay.php?f=64>.
There are a greater variety of ways to install PC-BSD in the 9.x series.
When providing feedback please indicate which install media you are
using and in which window manager the error occurs.
More information about the Testing