[PC-BSD Testing] App Cafe - auto add to desktop folder

Tigersharke . tigersharke at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 17:08:52 PDT 2011

On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 11:36 AM, Kris Moore <kris at pcbsd.org> wrote:

>  On 10/19/11 10:06, Ronald Georgia wrote:
>
>  All,
> When I install an application using App Cafe it automatically adds an icon
> to the Desktop folder. In version 8.2 there was an option that allowed for
> the icon to be added or not. I have not found that option in any of the beta
> versions.
> 1. Would it be possible to add that feature back into the mix?
> 2. Is there an "ini" file that I can edit to remove the auto add event?
>
>  r0n ge0rgia
> John 13:23

> That feature will be going back in at some point in the near future :)
>

> --
> Kris Moore
> PC-BSD Software
> iXsystems

I suggest that it be an easily accessed option as follows:

  From within AppCafe itself, or an appropriate control panel,

   Default- Always install desktop icon (since this is the expected result)

   option2- Set by individual PBI,  Option2.1- With Prompting. (this a sub
option)

   option3- Never install desktop icons (a polar opposite to the default
"always" makes sense)

Thanks for your time and effort!