[PC-BSD Testing] [BETA2] Appcafe doesn't work (maybe proxy related)

Lars Engels lars.engels at 0x20.net
Tue Oct 18 02:13:27 PDT 2011

On Mon, 17 Oct 2011 16:08:31 -0400, Kris Moore wrote:
> On 10/17/11 09:54, Lars Engels wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I just tried BETA2 (I know it's not the latest version...) in
>> Virtualbox.
>> So far it seems to run nicely, but Appcafe doesn't work. I can only
>> access
>> the internet via a http proxy with auth, which I entered in the
>> network
>> settings and this works with the system updater. I already installed
>> the
>> system updater fix with it.
>> But when I start Appcafe, I only get a small error window saying
>> "001"
>> and
>> this on the related terminal:
>> /etc> appcafe
>> Locale: "de"
>> Application starting...
>> Populating list...
>> Reading PBI List
>> RealUser: "engels"
>> Adding Repos...
>> Getting details for repoID: "001"
>> Adding Categories for repoID: "001"
>> Getting PBIs for repo: "001"
>> Updating mirrors...
>> Adding Repos...
>> Getting details for repoID: "001"
>> Adding Categories for repoID: "001"
>> Getting PBIs for repo: "001"
>>
>> That's the output of starting it and updating the repos.
>>
>> Setting HTTP_PROXY manually doesn't work either.
>
> Sounds like its failing to load / set the proxy info properly. Can
> you
> sent this data:
>
> cat /usr/local/etc/pcbsd.conf
> cat /usr/local/etc/pbi.conf

[engels at notebook-1] ~> cat /usr/local/etc/pbi.conf
# PBI Configuration Defaults
# See the manpage for pbi.conf for more details

# Set the number of hours for pbid to refresh the index/meta files from
repos
PBI_INDEXREFRESH: 24

# Wakeup time in seconds for pbid to run checks
PBID_REFRESH: 300
[engels at notebook-1] ~> cat /usr/local/etc/pcbsd.conf
# PC-BSD Configuration Defaults

# Default PC-BSD Mirror for System Updates / Meta-Pkgs
PCBSD_MIRROR: ftp://ftp.pcbsd.org/pub/mirror
PCBSD_PROXYURL: proxy-server
PCBSD_PROXYUSER: myuser
PCBSD_PROXYPASS: mypassword
PCBSD_PROXYTYPE: HTTP
PCBSD_PROXYPORT: 8080

Maybe it doesn't like special chars like * or $ in the password?