[PC-BSD Testing] [BETA2] Appcafe doesn't work (maybe proxy related)

Lars Engels lars.engels at 0x20.net
Mon Oct 17 06:54:42 PDT 2011

Hi all,

I just tried BETA2 (I know it's not the latest version...) in
Virtualbox.
So far it seems to run nicely, but Appcafe doesn't work. I can only
access
the internet via a http proxy with auth, which I entered in the network
settings and this works with the system updater. I already installed
the
system updater fix with it.
But when I start Appcafe, I only get a small error window saying "001"
and
this on the related terminal:
/etc> appcafe
Locale: "de"
Application starting...
Populating list...
Reading PBI List
RealUser: "engels"
Adding Repos...
Getting details for repoID: "001"
Adding Categories for repoID: "001"
Getting PBIs for repo: "001"
Updating mirrors...
Adding Repos...
Getting details for repoID: "001"
Adding Categories for repoID: "001"
Getting PBIs for repo: "001"

That's the output of starting it and updating the repos.

Setting HTTP_PROXY manually doesn't work either.