[PC-BSD Testing] BETA-3 wrong kernel after installing system sources

Sven Moeller smoeller at nichthelfer.de
Fri Oct 14 10:53:12 PDT 2011

Hi,

after installing the system sources and system portstree (via PC-BSD
Systemsettings->System-Manager) i've rebuild the kernel without WITTNESS/DEBUG
options because i want to have as much performance as possible ;-)

After booting the new kernel i found this:

uname -a
FreeBSD kellerkiste 10.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 10.0-CURRENT #7: Thu Oct 13 20:18:49
CEST 2011     root at kellerkiste:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/NOWITNESS  amd64

My system seems to be running just fine with this kernel (haven't used it allot
yet), but thought i was building the kernel for 9.0?!?!??!?

Anyway, i hope after upgrading to the final release of PC-BSD9 my system has
the correct kernel ;-)

kind regards

Sven