[PC-BSD Testing] kmail Bug after upgrading to Beta3

Sven Moeller smoeller at nichthelfer.de
Fri Oct 14 07:55:40 PDT 2011


after upgrading to BETA3 I've discovered a bug. KMail wasn't able to 
receive/send using SSL/TLS mails. After reconfiguring my settings for 
receiving/sending mail i was able to get my mails via IMAP4. But I wasn't able 
to send mails at all. I got an odd error (using SMTP Auth/TLS):

Error during authentication process:  SASL(0): successful result: 
The message will stay in the 'outbox' folder until you either fix the problem 
(e.g. a broken address) or remove the message from the 'outbox' folder.

I was googlin' for such an issue and found this:


I've followed a suggestion to add "search <mydomain>" on top of  
/etc/resolv.conf. Since i've added the search domain KMail is working again. 
Adding "domain" instead of "search" should work too.

This is very odd. Hopefully this will be fixed soon. I read in one of the posts 
that an update of stigi (maybe typo and strigi was meant) fixed this isssue.

kind regards


More information about the Testing mailing list