[PC-BSD Testing] monster masher doesn't start

Tigersharke . tigersharke at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 13:03:36 PDT 2011

On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 2:33 PM, Ken Moore <ken at pcbsd.org> wrote:

>  On 10/13/11 14:39, Tigersharke . wrote:
>
> Hey there!
>
> After installing the PBI on my AMD64 system, v9.0beta3, I tried starting
> the game from the desktop icon in KDE. I get the startup icon bounce
> feedback but nothing more.  Starting from the shell yields the following:
>

> [tigersharke at Mutant] ~> /usr/pbi/monster-masher-amd64/.sbin/monster-masher
>
> (monster-masher:6549): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in
> module_path: "qtcurve",
> terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::runtime_error'
>   what():  locale::facet::_S_create_c_locale name not valid
> Abort trap
> [tigersharke at Mutant] ~>
>
>  Thanks for your time..

> I just installed Monster-Masher via AppCafe a couple minutes ago and it
> worked fine. (PCBSD 9.0-Beta3 64-bit, IceWM w/ development packages).
> Could you give me some more specifics about your system and how you
> installed the PBI? It should help me to narrow down where the error might be
> coming from.
>
> Thanks,
>
> --
> ~ Ken Moore ~
> PCBSD/iXsystems

I have all of the primary Desktops/WMs (Gnome, KDE, LXDE, XFCE, Fluxbox, and
somehow also OpenBox) installed. Currently using KDE and the environment
used to install and attempt to run it.  The Monster-Masher PBI was installed
via AppCafe.

[tigersharke at Mutant] ~> locale
LANG=en_US.UTF-8
LC_CTYPE="en_US.UTF-8"