[PC-BSD Testing] Suggestion for pbi

Ronald Georgia rong1611 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 13 08:54:30 PDT 2011

I installed PCBSD9-BETA3 on my HP/Compaq 7800 mini desktop without incident. Since I am behind in a corporate environment, everything goes through a proxy server. Once the install was over and I manually setup the proxy address (system setting --> network settings --> proxy AND kdesu kcmshell4 proxy) I notice the
/usr/local/etc/pcbsd.conf was updated correctly (listed below); however I had to update the pbi.conf manually.

Okay, suggestion: auto update the pbi.conf file just as you did with the pcbsd.conf file. Your thoughts?

# PC-BSD Configuration Defaults
# Default PC-BSD Mirror for System Updates / Meta-Pkgs
PCBSD_MIRROR: ftp://ftp.pcbsd.org/pub/mirror
PCBSD_PROXYURL: proxy.blah.blah-blah.com
PCBSD_PROXYTYPE: HTTP
PCBSD_PROXYPORT: 8080