[PC-BSD Testing] PCBSD9 beta3 install

trevor tirapani zenmystic at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 12 05:47:47 PDT 2011

I've just tried to install the latest beta3 via usb img

First and second attempts failed on reboot due to grub error. I was attempting to install to 3rd partition
[partitions 1 and 2 used by Windows 7]. On my third attempt all went fine when I chose to use the whole disk.

During my first and second attempts, at the partitioning stage, I could only enter 5 digits for the size in MB when creating the
partition for PCBSD.

I did not opt for any of main Window Managers during install, as I wanted to play around with some of the others. I've
noticed that when I plug in my external usb hard drive [1 GB NTFS] and my flash drive [8 GB FAT], they do not show up
anywhere. Is this normal for the unsupported Window Managers?