[PC-BSD Testing] Install Failure on ACER AspireOne D255

Mike Barnard mike.barnardq at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 08:51:44 PDT 2011

Hi,

I have been trying to install PC-BSD 9.0-BETA2 on an ACER AspireOne D255. I
am using PCBSD9.0-BETA2-x86-USBFULL.img. I wrote it to my USB stick
using win32diskimager-RELEASE-0.3-r27. UNETBootin did not work for me with
the USB image, could not boot from USB stick after it wrote image.

In the default install mode, after trying to start X, I get a black screen
and nothing responds, ALT+CTRL+DEL does get it to reboot, but I cannot do
anything else, all terminals give me a black screen.

When I boot in VESA mode, I do get to the install screen, I select my
region, keyboard setting and Installation media, when I click next, i am
dropped into a shell with the error:

File system full, press any key to drop to a shell prompt and reboot.

Ant thoughts on how to resolve this?

--
Mike

Of course, you might discount this possibility, but remember that one in a
million chances happen 99% of the time.