[PC-BSD Testing] PC-BSD 9.0-BETA3 Available

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.org
Wed Oct 5 05:38:17 PDT 2011

On 10/04/11 17:19, Julian Elischer wrote:

> upgrading from B2 to B3 a lot of things don't work..
> Imagemagick shows a logo screen and then stops.

Was Imagemagick apart of the base, or installed via PBI / port?

> When I click on the new Firefox 7.01 logo (6.3 seemed to work after
> ethupgrade but then I upgraded it too) the little firefoxy thing
> bounces around next to the cursor for a few seconds and then just goes
> away.. firefox never appears.  ditto for chromium.
> /var/log/messages syas chrome was getting signal 11 but is now getting
> signal 6. NO messages from FireFox
>   (or anything else except org.kde.powerdeveil.backlighthelper).

If you un-install  both FF / chrome and install fresh again via AppCafe
do they run properly? I had fixed some issues with that recently.

> I tried FLightgear for fun.. it comes up with
> "KDEinit: could not launch /usr/pbi/flightgear-amd64/sbin/fgrun"
>         (message manually copied)
>  No other messages anywhere I can see.

Thanks, fixed this in SVN :)

> In addition, when the browsers were running (in B2), neither of them
> could see anything at youtube except the static content and a
> black video window.  I ran flashpluginctl several times.

That's odd, flash is still working good here in both FF / Chrome. Are
you getting any weird messages from the console if you run firefox in xterm?