[PC-BSD Testing] PC-BSD 9.0-BETA3 Available

Julian Elischer julian at freebsd.org
Tue Oct 4 14:19:39 PDT 2011

>> On 10/1/11 10:12 AM, Kris Moore wrote:
>>>

>>> The third BETA release of the upcoming PC-BSD 9.0 is now available! This
>>> release includes the latest FreeBSD 9.0-BETA3 base, along with
>>> numerous bug fixes and enhancemen....

upgrading from B2 to B3 a lot of things don't work..
Imagemagick shows a logo screen and then stops.

When I click on the new Firefox 7.01 logo (6.3 seemed to work after
ethupgrade but then I upgraded it too) the little firefoxy thing
bounces around next to the cursor for a few seconds and then just goes
away.. firefox never appears.  ditto for chromium.
/var/log/messages syas chrome was getting signal 11 but is now getting
signal 6. NO messages from FireFox
   (or anything else except org.kde.powerdeveil.backlighthelper).

I tried FLightgear for fun.. it comes up with
"KDEinit: could not launch /usr/pbi/flightgear-amd64/sbin/fgrun"
         (message manually copied)
  No other messages anywhere I can see.

In addition, when the browsers were running (in B2), neither of them
could see anything at youtube except the static content and a
black video window.  I ran flashpluginctl several times.

Julian