[PC-BSD Testing] 9.0b3: 2 old, 1 new

Ken Moore ken at pcbsd.org
Mon Oct 3 07:01:21 PDT 2011

On 10/02/11 07:03, Serghey Suvorov wrote:

> PCBSD9.0-BETA3-x64-DVD.iso;  KDE
>
> Hi all
>
> (1.old) I chose a) language: Rus; b) keyboard: Rus.
> After that I could not input user name. Only Rus layout was present.
>
> (2.old) After ADSL configuration (by GUI) my ADSL did not work.
> The string "set device PPPoE:<device>:[povider's tag]"
> was not present in appropriate section of ppp.conf.
>
> These 2 bugs are able to antagonize of new users.
>
> (3.new) After change desktop background picture, the rectangle with
> shortcuts had been vanished forever. As for me, it is better
> without rectangle; but only one must be: "with" or "without".

(3.new)
I assume that you are running KDE since you refer to the "rectangle with
shortcuts".
In this case you need to go back to your desktop settings (right click
on the desktop -> desktop settings) and make sure that you have the
right desktop type setup (file-type, widget type, or other types). The
"rectangle with shortcuts" is a KDE widget that is placed on the desktop
by default, and you can add the widget back if you so desire.

~Ken Moore
PCBSD/iXsystems