Ian Robinson fitchkendall at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 05:45:12 PDT 2011

On Sun, Oct 2, 2011 at 3:00 PM, <testing-request at lists.pcbsd.org> wrote:

Tigersharke said:  My first attempt to update, via xfce, ended after the
> download with a message stating "disk may be full or dropped connection" in
> a small
> notification window. . . . Soon after initiating reboot, it began the beta2
> to beta3 update, this seems to have completed successfully.

On an AMD64 with default disk setup on a 1 Terabyte disk, I too received the
error message of either full disk/dropped connection.  However, unlike
Tigersharke, a reboot did not begin anything and the system remained at
BETA2.

Perhaps it's not the disk size or free space available on /usr, but the
partition size allocated to /var or /tmp.  In my case, like most, /var and
/tmp are each 1.9 Gb.

Ian Robinson
Salem, Ohio