[PC-BSD Testing] PC-BSD 9.0-BETA3 Available
kris at pcbsd.org
Sat Oct 1 10:12:31 PDT 2011
The third BETA release of the upcoming PC-BSD 9.0 is now available! This
release includes the latest FreeBSD 9.0-BETA3 base, along with numerous bug fixes and enhancements.
Notable changes in this release: (In no particular order)
* Fix issue enabling flash plugin after installation
* Fix bug with handbook not launching in LXDE
* Fix issue performing updates on ZFS systems with separate /boot UFS partition.
* Add lxmenu-data port, which provides nicer LXDE menu framework
* Fix enabling ibus from GDM
* Include "mga" driver in base
* Add option to install only "openbox" as a window-manager
* Fix bug doing PBI patching and checking the FreeBSD version
* Improve PBI manager allowing ~/bin entries to point to wrapper scripts
* Fix bug upgrading and installing the nvidia driver
* Fix bugs installing from LIVE mode
When updating to BETA3 from BETA2, please apply the "System Updater Bugfixes" patch first, in order to ensure that your update process goes smoothly.
Since this is a beta release, please feel assist us by reporting and
fixing bugs. Users are encouraged to discuss their findings on the
testers mailing list <http://lists.pcbsd.org/mailman/listinfo/testing>,
or via the PC-BSD Forums <http://forums.pcbsd.org/forumdisplay.php?f=64>.
There are a greater variety of ways to install PC-BSD in the 9.x series.
When providing feedback please indicate which install media you are
using and in which window manager the error occurs.
More information about the Testing