[PC-BSD Testing] Upgrade from RC1 to RC2 problem

Silvio - Banzai ° silvio.taverna at banzai.it
Tue Nov 29 00:47:10 PST 2011

On Tue, 29 Nov 2011 07:29:43 +0100, Johann Hugo <jhugo at meraka.csir.co.za>
wrote:

similar behavior here : right after upgrade, the system rebooted to just
fluxbox, no login screen session choices & no kde ... my previous install
was kde-base + kde-multimedia + kde-graphics only, so i went down to
control panel -> system manager to see what was happening ... my prevoius
packages of choice plus a couple more were flagged as installed ... i
removed the two extra packages, and watched as the system *at that point*
actually installed kde-* at all ... afterwards upon login - logout i could
have my kde session as usual ...
my two-penny guess is that somehow the upgrade system could not recognize
my incomplete kde install and skipped it altogether until i let it know
about it via rc2 system manager ...

p.s.: arthur, that's not the same machine with the toshiba module issue,
still waiting there as that's my office machine and it's working on some
stuff these days ...