[PC-BSD Testing] More Testing RC2 x86: KOffice is borked

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.org
Wed Nov 23 11:33:11 PST 2011

On 11/23/2011 13:32, Johann Kois wrote:
> On 11/23/2011 19:01, Kris Moore wrote:
>> On 11/23/2011 12:22, Arthur Koziol wrote:
>>> Kris,
>>> Launching any KOffice app (KWord, KPresenter, KSpread) causes it to
>>> crash. Submitted bug report #287383 to the KDE folks.
>>> Arthur
>> Yea, I can confirm that here as well. I've not tweaked the ports at all,
>> so maybe its a porting issue?
> Hi,
> if this is a problem then it is either related to the 9.0 series of
> FreeBSD/PC-BSD or something is wrong with the PC-BSD RC2.
> Because on a FreeBSD 8.2-RELEASE KOffice 2.3.3 (which is the version
> in the ports) is working fine (all the applications including KWord,
> KPresenter, KSpread launch/run without problems).
> Regards
> jkois
Found out how to fix KDE apps starting, just have to do "rm -rf
/var/tmp/kdecache-*" before starting any of them. This will be on
systems which did a upgrade from RC1->RC2. kwrite and others work after

As for koffice, seems that karbon starts, but crashes after a few
moments of running, kword and others seem to crash almost immediately.