[PC-BSD Testing] FreeBSD RC2 is out and is this info useful to anyone

Arthur Koziol A-Koziol at neiu.edu
Thu Nov 17 12:33:41 PST 2011

Yay, RC2 finally pushed out. Also, I was looking at an article on OSNews
about some stuff DragonFlyBSD was doing in it's upcoming version and I
noticed a tuning option called kern.ipc.shm_use_physical=1. Apparently
useful for database and other "intensive" workload stuff but in looking
at the graphs of this option enabled versus not enabled, I was very
surprised. Check it out: http://dl.wolfpond.org/Pg-benchmarks.pdf

Arthur