[PC-BSD Testing] FreeBSD Port: print/hplip

N V VaNs9 at yandex.ru
Thu Nov 17 10:22:42 PST 2011

Hi.

I have several issues with HPLIP. While other could be unclear, one seems to be somewhere in the source of HPLIP and the patch may solve it.

I run hp-toolbox, it asks me to setup the printer, I choose one from the list, HPLIP says that it needs some plugin, offers to download and then it fails to download. In the console I get:

..
Verifying archive integrity... All good.
Uncompressing HPLIP 3.11.10 Plugin Self Extracting Archive.........................................
Error setting home directory: /etc/hp/hplip.conf not found. Is HPLIP installed?
error: Plug-in install failed.

It seems that configuration dir /etc/hp is hardcoded.

Regards,
Vans.