[PC-BSD Testing] HP LaserJet 1022 Information

N V VaNs9 at yandex.ru
Thu Nov 17 05:19:44 PST 2011

Hi.

First of all, HPLIP should support 1022.
The specific of this series is that a firmware have be uploaded to the printer each time it's turned on before it'll be able to print.

I've tried to use HPLIP some time ago with the HP LaserJet 1018 but had no luck. HPLIP recognised the printer but failed at the stage of downloading the files (read - firmware). It could be due to insufficient right for the device node, HPLIP bugs, whatever. Additionally, may be it was PC-BSD 8.2, may be FreeBSD 8.2. So I've tried with the PC-BSD 9.0-RC1 recently: _the_ _same_ _result_. HPLIP stops at the point of downloading the files. Seems to be the HPLIP bug. I'll get additional info.

Also, you can get 1022 working with the foo2zjs. Don't know, is it available via GUI in PC-BSD or not. But all the mentioned progs are in ports. Using foo2zjs is rather easy. Usually it will download the firmware for your printer and you have to manually upload it to the printer.
If it's the only way of getting 1000 series working at the moment, I'll try foo2zjs and 'll describe the steps.

Regards,
Vans