[PC-BSD Testing] Wireless configuration tool

Ken Moore ken at pcbsd.org
Thu Nov 10 09:01:50 PST 2011

On 11/10/11 04:42, Johann Hugo wrote:
> Hi
>
> If I select a wifi AP that's configured in WPA2 enterprise mode, then the
> config tool pops up a window that asks for a PSK, not a user name and passwd.
>
> Future improvements:
> Most users just use the default regulatory domain settings for their wifi
> adapters, but ifconfig can take a "country name" parameter that will change
> the regulatory domain for a country, so that it will automatically select the
> correct set of available wifi channels for that country.
>
> It will be great if one could change the country (regulatory domain) from
> inside the wireless configuration tool.
>
> The tool could even look at you current "timezone country" settings and
> default to that country if you select the " set regulatory domain" option.
>
> Johann

The new "quick connect" tool for wifi connections is currently unable to
distinguish between the WPA Personal and WPA Enterprise, so it
automatically defaults to the WPA Personal. You can change it to WPA
Enterprise in the main wifi configuration tool if it is needed.

--
~ Ken Moore ~
PCBSD/iXsystems