[PC-BSD Testing] Speech Recognition

Xavier Alvelo bebuxe90 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 07:34:15 PST 2011

Lol, I known this for 2 years. KDE uses espeak as its engine
(audio/espeak). I use espeak alone to record all text I need to hear
everyday into mp3s for my mp3 mplayer. BDIEM

The only recommend espeak over festival for development being more
cross platform. And the dictionaries are easy to install, interpret,
and configure (tomaato, tomeito, tomatoo).

For real speech recognition, Sphinx 2. Still the engine could be
optimized better, but easier to configure.