[PC-BSD Testing] RC1 - laptops : SUDO + SUSPEND + SHUTDOWN

Silvio - Banzai ° silvio.taverna at banzai.it
Mon Nov 7 01:33:28 PST 2011

On Thu, 03 Nov 2011 06:20:44 +0100, Tigersharke . <tigersharke at gmail.com>
wrote:

Hi All,

sorry for being late, i could get hold of my equipment just during the
weekend ... i'm glad to tell that booting the system with acpi enabled [by
default it boots without] solved both the 'sudden suspend' and the 'leave'
menu issues, on both machines ... on the Satellite Pro i also load the
dedicated acpi_toshiba driver, even though i cannot tell by now which
benefits could this bring, if any ...

just asking, any particular reason why acpi gets disabled by default, and,
is it considered acceptable to load it to the system via acpi_load=yes in
loader.conf ? i couldn't find any reference to it in the /boot/defaults
conffile ...

thanx again !!

--

banzai • CONSULTING