[PC-BSD Testing] Fedora to simplify filesystem hierarchy

Xavier Alvelo bebuxe90 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 15:44:08 PDT 2011

It affects Freebsd developers who need the linux Library for OS 9.
Good thing Freebsd is on Beta, we can restudy the changes and how it
affects the security of the API. Thus it will affect PC-BSD as well.

My opinion is simple: they will need to manage a manner to prevent
corruption of the binaries since they are in the same location, from
both an user level corruption (cracker), to a slice corruption
(partition for Linux literate, IOW: mount failure, disk slice
corruption, too much usage of the same slice).

I see lots of disk failures in the future if those areas are not
addressed; even easier cracking.

KDE, I don't care much for, so I will not try to repeat what I have
spoken about it.

PS
   Thanks, jmdennis for mentioning it!