[PC-BSD Testing] Flash Upgrade kills access to YouTube

Johann Kois jkois at FreeBSD.org
Thu May 26 08:56:28 PDT 2011

Hi,

although I am not running PC-BSD at the moment I have the same
"features" with the flashplugin on FreeBSD 8.2 amd64 with the latest
flash-plugin (installed yesterday via ports):

linux-f10-flashplugin-10.3r181.14 Adobe Flash Player NPAPI Plugin

And in addition to that Firefox 4.0.1 has decided to deactivate the
flash plugin without even asking me.  Instead I get the following
"funny" message:

"Missing FLASH? For your safety, Firefox has disabled your outdated
version of Flash. Please upgrade to the latest version."

With Chromium on the other side Flash and Youtube are still working
fine.  So this must be a "Firefox feature" ...

Regards.

Johann Kois

- --
 Johann Kois