[PC-BSD Testing] Next 64bit Snapshot

jmdennis @dslextreme.com jmdennis at dslextreme.com
Thu Mar 31 07:51:19 PDT 2011

Just one more note and then done with this.  I was using win32 disk
imager or some thing like this.  It was very slow and then I ended up
getting the error.  I used the one from OpenSuse and forget what that
one was called but it made the install very fast.  I had problems with
the first install as it got the uzip error but know it is usually a
timing thing.  I decided to drop down to the emergency console and
install that way.  I had to install using vesa that way and then
locked up my PC when I tried the ati when it was on vesa.  I decided
to install again but went through the install process.  When it was
done and rebooted it came up with wanting to use vesa again so I let
it and typing this from with in pc-bsd.

When I use lxde it shows that my battery is low even though I am not
using this on a laptop.  I am using xfce now and the only problem is
the toolbar at the bottom I did not install the browser first in lxde
so now in xfce it is not mapped any where.  I guess I will have to
find the executable and what it is called for firefox so I can use
this.  Over all I like what I see.