[PC-BSD Testing] Upgrade 8.1 -> 8.2 Failed from i386 DVD ISO

Ian Robinson fitchkendall at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 21:42:22 PDT 2011

@ "Janosi,Miklos P" who wrote on Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 3:00 PM:

> I tried to upgrade again and it doesn't find any partitions , so I
> have nothing to choose from. I then tried to install and that
> failed now, too. Here's the pc-sysinstall.log:

Dear Miklos,

If you begin an upgrade over a previous installation of PCBSD, and it fails,
no PCBSD partitions will survive.

One of the steps in the upgrade involves a destructive write over the old
partitioning scheme in order to partition then write a new file system.
However, an upgrade failure can leave those steps incomplete.  That's
probably why you cannot find any [PCBSD] partitions on the second upgrade.

Salem, where I live, is about 40 miles from U. of A., and if it were not for
the fact that I am in Colorado for the next two weeks, I would be happy to
stop by and give you a hand with the installation and troubleshooting.

--
Ian Robinson
Salem, Ohio