[PC-BSD Testing] should /home be in default partitioning

Gour gour at atmarama.net
Tue Mar 22 08:19:17 PDT 2011

On Tue, 22 Mar 2011 06:17:48 -0700
Kris Moore <kris at pcbsd.org> wrote:

> Aside from that, I have made a note to look at and fix the installer
> bugs when using /home partitions, and ZFS with mirroring.

I was thinking about this mirroring issue and now I'm not sure any
longer what is the proper way to do it...on Linux, using lvm2+raid1
array means to really get identical copy of the whole disk, which
would be according to using GEOM for mirroring.

Otoh, if one uses ZFS mirror feature, then this won't provide mirror
for the /boot (UFS) & swap partitions.

What would be correct way to do it and how can one do it manually (so
that I install PCBSD earlier)?

Sincerely,
Gour

--
“In the material world, conceptions of good and bad are
all mental speculations…” (Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu)

http://atmarama.net | Hlapicina (Croatia) | GPG: CDBF17CA