[PC-BSD Testing] request to add driver to loader.conf

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.org
Mon Mar 14 09:03:28 PDT 2011

On 03/14/11 11:59, Dru Lavigne wrote:

>>  >  The following lines should be added to the overlays for loader.conf:
>>  >
>>  >  if_run_load="YES"
>>  >

>>  Done!
>
>>I had to add the following line as well (not sure if the above is enough):
>
>>runfw_load="YES"
>

> According to http://gitorious.org/run/run/blobs/8.1_REL/README, runfw should load automagically with if_run, assuming that the
> firmware is installed (which is should be with 9.0). The FreeBSD 9.0 manpage for run(4) does not mention runfw at all, just if_run.
>
> If you test on a subsequent snapshot and it is not sufficient, please let us know!
>
> Cheers,
>
> Dru

I've added runfw_load to the image, since the man page i'm looking at
seems to mention it here as well:

     Firmware is also needed, and provided by:

            device runfw

      Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the
      following lines in loader.conf(5):

            if_run_load="YES"
            runfw_load="YES"

If this isn't really needed, let me know and I can remove it :)