[PC-BSD Testing] PCBSD 9 x64 usbfull image

Gour gour at atmarama.net
Fri Mar 11 00:26:40 PST 2011

On Thu, 10 Mar 2011 21:36:29 -0800
"jmdennis @dslextreme.com"
<jmdennis at dslextreme.com> wrote:

> I had problems during the install of this.  I got to the point where
> it does the actual install and at the top it showed 20% and below it
> took an hour just to show 5%.  I realize that the xorg takes a while
> to install but when I installed it before I used the DVD image since
> the USB image was not working and I had no problems doing the install.

I had the same issue with USB image and had to download DVD iso.

> Another thing I noticed is that I have to pick option 6 when it first
> starts to set up xorg to use vesa but then it works fine.  It would be
> nice if you would include the ati driver even just the xf86-video-ati
> driver.  I noticed that before the install where you pick what
> desktops you want that you have the nvidia driver under the hardware
> drivers section but not one for ati.  I do appreciate that you have
> the hplip in that section as it is nice to have it there so I do not
> need to install it later on.

Otoh, I was able to install on my laptop with ATI graphic card.

Sincerely,
Gour

--
“In the material world, conceptions of good and bad are
all mental speculations…” (Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu)

http://atmarama.net | Hlapicina (Croatia) | GPG: CDBF17CA