[PC-BSD Testing] PCBSD 8.2-- Centrino-based Laptop. Intel video driver fails. Install and video setup require vesa driver

Dru Lavigne drulavigne at sympatico.ca
Tue Mar 8 08:09:04 PST 2011

>Hopefully the current work being done with the XOrg 7.5.1 release and
future updates will allow them to update the Intel driver to something
more current. I was reading >that good progress is being made but not
sure if we'll see it by 9.0, sadly.

It should be noted that the FreeBSD xorg team has to disable any DRI/KMS/GEM stuff so the driver won't be "complete" until the Foundation project is complete (hopefully by summer 2011). We'll be blogging/posting info for testers once some stuff is ready for testing.

Cheers,

Dru