[PC-BSD Testing] FIrefox 5 very buggy

Jeff dejamuse at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 27 10:25:05 PDT 2011

Oh, well what I did was rename .mozilla and then swapped the old one and the new one after installing.  That didn't work.  In fact after starting completely over and deleting all .mozillar files, I no longer have a plugin for Flash.

Firefox 4.0.1 is still available on pbidir if you want to go back to it. Just download the PBI and re-install it, it will revert you back and should keep all your settings. In the meanwhile, I will see what is going on with Firefox 5.0 and see if there is anything I can do about it.

~~ Ken Moore ~~
(ken at pcbsd.org)

OK, we found the problem with Firefox 5.0 and a patch has been submitted to the port maintainer. Until that gets corrected, we have removed Firefox 5.0 from PBIDIR and I recommend reverting back to the latest stable version (4.0.1).

>>>--
~Ken Moore