[PC-BSD Testing] FIrefox 5 very buggy

Jeff dejamuse at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 27 09:14:46 PDT 2011

I just reverted to 4.01, but it did not import all the settings, and extensions.  Had to start over with all of that - what a pain!  I first uninstalled FF5.

Firefox 4.0.1 is still available on pbidir if you want to go back to it. Just download the PBI and re-install it, it will revert you back and should keep all your settings. In the meanwhile, I will see what is going on with Firefox 5.0 and see if there is anything I can do about it.

>>>--
~~ Ken Moore ~~
(ken at pcbsd.org)

OK, we found the problem with Firefox 5.0 and a patch has been submitted to the port maintainer. Until that gets corrected, we have removed Firefox 5.0 from PBIDIR and I recommend reverting back to the latest stable version (4.0.1).

>--
~Ken Moore