[PC-BSD Testing] Display Settings

Andreas Hotz aufderalb at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 20 15:52:41 PDT 2011

2011/6/20 Kris Moore <kris at pcbsd.org>

>  On 06/20/2011 06:43, Andreas Hotz wrote:
>

> 2011/6/18 Andreas Hotz <aufderalb at googlemail.com>
>
>> After scaling the display resolution and the driver for video card
>>  at first boot up after fresh install, there's no way to save a new
>> configuration in the Control Panel !
>>
>>  In PC-BSD 8.2 there was, I thing a good way to choose 'boot into video
>> setting' at startup menu, to change the display sets before login a
>> desktop environment ? !
>>
>>  Thanks
>>
>>  Andreas Hotz
>>

>  Update: The bios enable option for video setting at boot up is back
> again,, !
>             the last view times it wasn´t, so I´m happy again for the
> feature !
>
>             But the problem to save video settings in desktop-mode in is
> still there...
>
>  Bye and thanks
>

>  Andreas Hotz
>

> Glad you found it :)
>
> Which option are you trying to use from the desktop to set the reslution
> and save it? Also, which WM, since that may make a difference.
>
> --
> Kris Moore
> PC-BSD Software
> iXsystems

Hallo Kris Moore,

thanks, I test the 9th in display option in Control Panel -> Display,
working
on a real system, with a resoltuin of 1600x1200 !
Using a ATI radeonhd 3d driver.

After changing for example in a ATI driver without 3d for example, no way
to save and replace it ( working in gnome )

Bye and Thanks

Andreas Hotz