[PC-BSD Testing] Two problems

Arthur A-Koziol at neiu.edu
Sat Jun 18 14:20:57 PDT 2011

Roelof,

In reality, you setup should work but I still think this is because
WIndows is mucking up the boot sector or process. Did you use something
like Parted Magic to analyze what's the active partition and all this
stuff? I briefly read a blurb about dual-boot here
(http://forums.freebsd.org/showthread.php?t=4966) that may be of use but
I think some of the boot stuff got changed in 9.0. When I used to have
multi boot systems I used to use System Commander but it's been eons
since I've used a boot manager. I'm not sure what to say going forward.
In reality, the a setting in boot.ini should be launching PCBSD for you.
Windows 7 has that boot sector protection junk unlike XP and if it sees
it's messed around with it'll complain or try to "repair" itself.

Read the thing from Dr. Phoenix (about half way down):

Arthur