[PC-BSD Testing] adding components on latest 9/amd64 snapshot; vbox guest additions

Juergen Lock pcbsd-testing-l at jelal.kn-bremen.de
Thu Jun 16 13:50:30 PDT 2011

Hi!

 I just installed the latest 9/amd64 snapshot in vbox and missed the
option to add mythtv (I think I now know where that is...) so I
tried to add it post-installation via the system manager.  When I
click `apply changes' and select DVD (I tried on both kde and xfce)
I get:

	Could not locate installation media on this system!

even tho both dolphin and thunar see the install iso contents, and
when I tried selecting network installation I got:

	The meta-pkg manager returned an error. For more details please look at the log file: /tmp/.pc-metapkgmanager.log

and /tmp/.pc-metapkgmanager.log was empty.

 And I also have an unrelated suggestion, how about an option to
add vbox guest additions at install time and setup xorg.conf for
it?  (I did that manually...)

 Thanx! :)
	Juergen