[PC-BSD Testing] PC-BSD 9 / XFCE

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.org
Thu Jun 16 12:45:28 PDT 2011

On 06/16/2011 15:34, Barry Morrison wrote:
> http://screenr.com/yass
>
> On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 12:00 PM, Kris Moore <kris at pcbsd.org
> <mailto:kris at pcbsd.org>> wrote:
>
>     On 06/16/2011 13:41, Barry Morrison wrote:
>>     When trying to change Date / Time via the GUI in XFCE, I click on
>>     the lock, and nothing happens.  It doesn't prompt me for
>>     credentials like I'm expecting.
>>
>>     Thanks,
>>     Barry

Ok, that makes more sense now. The "Time and Date" program you are
running is apart of gnome-system-tools, and it does prompt for a
password when you run it within gnome, not XFCE. Do you have gnome
installed as a WM as well? If you logout / login with gnome, can you run
the same tool under System -> Administration -> Time and Date and does
it work?