[PC-BSD Testing] 9-CURRENT-20110502 Snapshot

jmdennis @dslextreme.com jmdennis at dslextreme.com
Fri Jun 10 08:45:44 PDT 2011

Here are some issues I am having.  One is that I still need to select
start x in vesa mode just to get it to recognize my video card.  After
installing I still have to use vesa at the ati driver just locks up
the PC hard.  It would be nice like the Nvidia driver to have the ATI
driver in the hardware section during the install.

I just installed XFCE but when I went to sign in so that LXDE was the
default even though I did not install this.  It should show what was
installed by the user and not items that were not.  I still see no
browser and when I went to AppCafe nothing was listed.  I know since I
installed the ports that I would be able to install from this but it
would be helpful to have a browser installed by default.

I am no longer able to connect to the Internet.  I no have to connect
using pppoe rather then just dhcp like before.  Even though I set up
every thing correctly and did the trouble shooting for this it still
will not connect.  I have not gone the command line route yet and may
try this next.