[PC-BSD Testing] Chromium browser PBI complains about Flash version

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.org
Wed Jun 8 08:12:59 PDT 2011

On 06/07/2011 18:02, Jeff wrote:
> Yes, 8.1  Too chicken to update to 8.2  Every time I do an update it's
> a major pain.  If I could be assured it would go smoothly Id do it.

8.2 is much better IMHO. If you want to do a "fresh" upgrade, I would
just backup your homedir and restore it on the new system:

# cd /home
# tar cvjf /usr/backup.tbz .
(then copy backup.tbz to a USB drive, or network system)
Install 8.2
Then during the XGUI setup, right-click on wallpaper and bring up xterm.
Copy file back to /usr and
# cd /home
# tar xvf /usr/backup.tbz

Otherwise you can always download the latest FreeBSD ports tree, and
manually update the flashplugin / nswrapper ports on 8.1 :)