[PC-BSD Testing] installer and licenses

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.org
Tue Jun 7 12:18:25 PDT 2011

On 06/07/2011 08:04, Yuri Momotiuk wrote:
> Hello,
>
> In current installer screen with licenses (GPL, BSD, nVidia) is
> absent. Return that screen to installer may be good idea due to
> current "trends".
> De iure user must accept GPL but de facto he did not. When user
> installs software from ports port install script writes that GPL is
> already accepted.
> When user installs PBI- installer also means that license is accepted
> before.
>
> PS May be I am paranoid, but currently I see pedantic software
> licenses management on my work.

The BSD and GPL licenses don't require that the user read / agree to
them, and nvidia didn't seem to have an issue with us including the
driver, which is why this screen was removed a while back.

If there becomes a compelling reason for us to include them again, we
can, but at the moment it doesn't seem necessary.