[PC-BSD Testing] Flash Upgrade kills access to YouTube Follow-up

Ian Robinson fitchkendall at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 09:33:29 PDT 2011

Re: Flash Upgrade kills access to YouTube

On Thu, 26 May 2011, Ian Robinson said:

> The recent Flash upgrade patch for 8.2 kills access to YouTube and
generates constant error messages in Yahoo email.

> YouTube will not play at all, and displays a message in the window where
the image usually plays saying "You need to upgrade your Adobe Flash Player
to see this video."   If the computer is rebooted after applying the Flash
upgrade patch, the message says "click here to download plugin," which of
course does nothing on a non-windows OS.

> Yahoo lets you see and access email, but whenever you click on a message
an error message box jumps up saying "Flash required for this application.
Your browser must have Flash 9.0 or higher installed to add this
application. You can download and install the latest Flash Player here."
(Ironically, the Yahoo main page with its photos, news stories, and ads does
not complain.)

> Ian Robinson
> Salem, Ohio

On 05/26/2011 09:11, Dru Lavigne replied to Ian Robinson saying:

> Does running "nspluginwrapper -v -a -i" as the regular user and restarting
the browser fix it?

> Cheers,
>
> Dru

And, Kris Moore asked:

Also, what browser / architecture is this? i386 or amd64?

-- Kris Moore PC-BSD Software iXsystems