[PC-BSD Testing] automounting & PCBSD

Gour-Gadadhara Dasa gour at atmarama.net
Wed Jul 27 10:13:23 PDT 2011

On Wed, 27 Jul 2011 12:49:22 -0400
Kris Moore <kris at pcbsd.org> wrote:

> The new upgrade functionality is coming in the next release, so
> you'll probably need to backup / install. Once you get to that
> release, you'll be able to do upgrades,

OK. That's clear.

> however ports are still going to get un-installed during the upgrade phase,
> so you'll need to try to use the portjail to keep things clean :)

Hmm, I don't get it...To do 'make buildworld' 'make buildkernel' is much less
time-consuming than installing all the required ports, tweaking the servers
etc.

So, I don't understand what is the advantage of 'upgrade' then?

Or do I miss something?

Sincerely,
Gour

--
“In the material world, conceptions of good and bad are
all mental speculations…” (Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu)