[PC-BSD Testing] Libre Office in favor of Open Office?

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.org
Thu Jul 21 11:02:11 PDT 2011

On 07/21/2011 10:46, Arthur Koziol wrote:
> Kris,
>
> I was just curious if you plan to switch to Libre Office from Open
> Office since Oracle has washed their hands of it and it's not going to
> be developed and further?
>
> Arthur

Well, I'm not sure where you heard that OO won't be developed further,
but the Apache foundation may have something to say about that :)

Right now the plan is that we are going to keep building and hosting
PBIs of each, and let users ultimately pick a winner. Both will be
available in the AppCafe for download and use, so its really a non-issue
to me. The only thing of concern is which to include on the install DVD,
but I've yet to get to the point of putting PBIs on the install media,
and depending upon space limitations it may be a non-issue anyway.