[PC-BSD Testing] Should PC-BSD use default desktop environment themes?

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.org
Tue Jul 12 14:51:09 PDT 2011

On 07/12/2011 08:11, LHT. Quốc wrote:
> I couldn't try PC-BSD 9 on my laptop so I installed it in VMware
> Workstation on CentOS host. I think PC-BSD developers shouldn't modify
> KDE, GNOME 2 themes. Keeping it clean as KDE, GNOME developers did, I
> believe that the default KDE, GNOME 2 themes are really better than.
> Do you agree with me?

We usually keep most of our changes to a minimum. However, doing some
small improvements, like setting a default wallpaper and few important
desktop icons doesn't seem to be to much of a change to me. That's more
for a consistent user experience, so we can document that you can use
the "Control panel" icon on the desktop, etc.