[PC-BSD Testing] USB Support in VMware somewhat broken?

Mahmoud Al-Qudsi mqudsi at neosmart.net
Tue Jul 5 08:41:34 PDT 2011

Hi,

I was trying to copy some logs from the installation environment to another PC over USB in a virtual environment (VMware Fusion), but could not find the USB device in /dev/

I first thought the USB controller itself hadn't been recognized by the installation environment, but the dmesg logs showed otherwise. There are errors in the log when I inserted the USB stick into the (virtual) PC. Please note that I removed the USB once and re-inserted it to make sure that wasn't the problem. However, the messages at the end of the log are with the USB still inserted.

Please let me know how I can be of further assistance.

-Mahmoud