[PC-BSD Testing] Can I try PC-BSD 9 (20110701) on my Optimus laptop (ASUS A42Jc) now?

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.org
Tue Jul 5 07:48:51 PDT 2011

On 07/03/2011 08:10, LHT. Quốc wrote:
> I tried the previous beta but It couldn't boot because of the graphic drivers.
> Kris Moore said "The current Intel chipsets don't work with our Intel
> xorg driver, and often just hang when trying to init."
> So is my problem fixed?

The GEM / KMS code which is needed for your intel driver is NOT in 9
yet, and not sure when it will be. The only other option is to run it in
VESA mode until that driver is working. Can you test / confirm if VESA
is working with the snapshot on your system? You can select vesa mode at
the boot-splash screen, option 7 I believe.