[PC-BSD Testing] 9.0 issues

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.org
Thu Jan 27 06:52:05 PST 2011

On 01/26/2011 15:11, Bruce Cran wrote:
> I noticed the following issues while testing the 9.0 snapshot:
>
> /etc/rc: WARNING: unable to set kern.maxproc=10000 <- should be in
> loader.conf.

Fixed!

> powerd: lookup freq: No such file or directory
> /etc/rc: WARNING: failed to start powerd <- VMware doesn't have cpufreq.

Will look into it. We just try to enable powerd by default, and don't
detect if it works properly right now.

> /etc/rc.d/sysctl: WARNING: sysctl net.link.lagg.failover_rx_all does
> not exist.  <- seems if_lagg isn't loaded by default.

Fixed!

> gnome-keyring-daemon[2521]: couldn't allocate secure memory to keep
> passwords and or keys from being written to the disk.

Not sure if this a FreeBSD bug with gnome-keyring-daemon, its just the
standard port build, and can't find any additional information on why
this warning is thrown.

> I've submitted a PR about the unordered list of keyboard layouts during
> installation.
>
> The "Language Selection" list is also unordered:
>
> German
> English_(UK)
> English_(South Africa)
> Italian

I'll get these fixed soon.

> I selected English_(UK) as the language but the disk layout text still
> had "Customize" whereas "Customise" is the British spelling.

Currently the translations we are working on are for 8.2, and we won't
switch that to CURRENT until after 8.2 ships. Once that's done,
translators will be able to start adding the correct strings for things
like this.

> I tried to create a 2088960 MB partition on a 2088960 MB disk and
> received the error "The slice creation failed with the following
> message: da1 created".

Looking into it, but I think its a rounding error, I.E. we see 2088960
as the max available MB, but you can only use 2088959 of it or so :)

> It ideally shouldn't be possible to even try to entries marked as
> "Unused space".
>
> "MegaBytes" is normally capitalized as "Megabytes".

Fixed!

> "Please enter the ZFS file-system mount point". "filesystem" isn't
> normally hyphenated.

Fixed

> "Invalid mount point, white-spaces disallowed". "whitespace" isn't
> normally pluralized or hyphenated.

Fixed

> During installation I see a warning come up early on "No such geom:
> da0".

Investigating

- --