[PC-BSD Testing] Regarding the "check integrity of installer archive"

Ben H. strbenjr at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 26 12:26:07 PST 2011

Regarding the "check integrity of installer archive"

> > - replace "check integrity of installer archive" with message indicating
> > that they should check their md5 and burn speed if boot fails; this
> > check is irritatingly slow and I'd rather have an informational message
> > than stare at the boot screen trying to catch the check before it starts
> >

> Done!

I too sit and watch for this so I can hit: "N" to speed things up.   There have
been times that I have canceled it only to get a failed installation.   After
allowing it to run next time, I determined there was a hardware issue or
something else.

I agree that I don't want to wait (majority of installs) for the message to
cancel it but .. it would be nice to know I can allow the test if I wish.

Could we leave it in and just change the default to "N" instead of "Yes" so the
option is still there? ( and maybe a little more informational verbage too.)

...  and maybe some attention getting text like:

lol

- Ben